|Term||Period||Application Deadline||Placement and Orientation|
|Spring||March 04 - May 10||Jan 03||March 04|
|Summer||May 22 - July 31||March 21||May 22|
|Fall||Aug 26 - Nov 07||June 25||Aug 26|
|Winter||Nov 18 - Jan 28, 2014||Sep 17||Nov 18|
1. Admission Requirement
A high school diploma or its equivalent is required of all KLI students.
2. Required Documents
1) A completed application form with your photograph.
Step 1: Download the application form from http://gec.gju.ac.kr
Step 2: E-mail the completed form to email@example.com
2) A non-refundable application fee of ￦60,000. (The fee should be transferred to the designated Gyeongju University bank account : DG bank 504-10-134245-8
3) A copy of the photo page of your passport. (A photocopy of your Alien Registration Card, if you have one.)
4) Your Study Plan. (Use the form available at http://gec.gju.ac.kr)
5) Resume including all levels of education (from elementary to university)
6) A copy of your transcripts and diploma from the last school you attended. (Please DO NOT send the original diploma.)
7) A copy of your (or your guardian"s) bank statement proving a balance of US＄5,000 or above.
8) Certificate of Personal Guarantee (Use the form available at http://gec.gju.ac.kr)
3. Screening and Admission Procedure1) Submit the application materials to one of the following addresses:
|Level 1||The Korean alphabet and pronunciation
Basic vocabulary and grammar
|Level 2||Frequently used vocabulary, particles, and connectives
Simple dialogues, memos, letters, and notices
|Level 3||Conversational skills in various social settings
Characteristics of spoken and written Korean
Writing about familiar topics
|Level 4||Abstract and conceptual vocabulary
Grammatical skills required for describing complex situations
|Level 5||Readings on political, economic, social and scientific topics
Vocabulary building: idiomatic phrases, old saying, and joumalism vocabulary
|Level 6||More vocabularu building: frequently used loan words and technical vocabulary
Speech and discussion
Tuition for one term during the 2013 academic year: ￦850,000 / per semester
(Textbooks are not included in the above fee.)
Fees (application fee and tuition) are payable to the GU by bank transfer only. Personal checks are not accepted. (US＄1.00 is approximately equivalent to KR￦1,132, at the exchange rate as of December 31, 2012.)
Bank transfer should be made to Gyeongju university at the following account: DG bank 504-10-134245-8
Students wishing to withdraw from the program after the tuition fee has been paid may be entitled to a full or partial refund, depending on when notification of withdrawal is received. Please see the table below for full details of the refund policy.
|Notification Period||Refund Payable|
|Up to 1 week prior to the beginning of the term:||100%|
|1-6 days piror to the beginning of the term:||90%|
|Within the first 7 days of the term:||70%|
|All later dates||No Refund|
A limited number of tuition waivers will be available for students who excel in their classes.
A dormitory room will be provided to all KLI students who apply in the spring or all tenm. To apply, fill out
the application form available at http://gec.gju.ac.krand send it together with other application materials.
|Room Type||One Year|
|Room for 2~4 people||1,200,000 / person|
※ A security deposit of ￦100,000 is required in addition to the above fee.